Sunday, February 20, 2005

A Reader Survey

Now that the trip is just about over, I can say that West Africa was a piece of cake. A piece of incredibly dry, stale three week old cake, with nothing to wash it down with.

Seriously folks, I'll still be adding some insights and conclusions and reflections about this place once I'm safely away from it. But for now I have to decide what to do with the future of this blog.

I've come up with four options:

A. I can turn it into a monopolar forum from which I can broadcast all my educational, theological, political, and, probably, mostly just plain stupid thoughts. Sort of like all the other blogs, except this would be, naturally, a folzblog.

B. If you like the travelogue stuff, I have a pretty complete memory, and I could faithfully re-create, day by day, some of the other trips that I've taken, to places like Labrador, Tibet, Armenia, and Oklahoma. And I can tell you in advance that none of them will be as remotely depressing as this one.

C. I can go on hiatus until another real trip transpires.

D. I can pull the blogplug. After all, it's hard work being this funny and insightful, and if (as I suspect) nobody else is actually reading this, then that will necessarily be the default position.

To vote, as it were, or to just let me know you're out there, you can hit the 'Comment' button at the bottom of this. Or, if you'd like to be more private, you can e-mail me at:

mofolz@earthlink.net

Well, up to now it's been an interesting exercise for me at least. And if anyone IS reading, thanks for doing so, and I hope you've enjoyed it.



Oh, and here's my entire creative output for the trip so far:

TO WIT,

I'm thinking that with the Beach Boys being older now, that instead of surfing they'd probably be more into sustainable development these days.

And they'd be singing something like this:

Little NGO, you're lookin' flash
Four Toyota Land Cruisers and a local staff
See the projects lining up now, watch the funding grow
Evaluate, Allocate, Duplicate
NGO

7 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Charles Darwin said...

blog on brother! we may comment, but will you read them? (look at old ones)

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes,yes, we have been reading it - out of interest, concern, and because we always did like your writing.

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We, Mariken and Jacco, the two from holland that you met in the line for a Mauretanian visa in Casablanca have been reading you log as well.

We enjoyed reading it and we are glad tyou stayed alive

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I have to do my email at the library and not much time...I do a quick scan of your blog. I enjoy what I read and am glad that you are able to share in this way.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Mai said...


المتميز
شركة تنظيف كنب في الشارقة
شركة تنظيف سجادبالشارقة
خدمات الشارقة

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger deraz said...

خدمات دبى – بيت العز
شركة تنظيف كنب بدبى
شركة تنظيف مطابخ وازالة دهون بدبى

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger menna said...

الامانة كلين
شركة تنظيف ستائر بالبخار عجمان
شركة تنظيف بالبخار عجمان
تنظيف بالبخار فى عجمان

 

Post a Comment

<< Home