Thursday, February 03, 2005

All Hail The Laughing Cow

You might wonder how a vegetarian survives in West Africa. Very, very barely.

Just about the only thing I can eat outside of the big cities is La Vache Qui Rit processed cheese, a totally indestructible dairy food product, sold in its little cartwheels with eight little aluminum coated triangles inside. Oh, that along with baguettes, which the smallest Fourth World town can make better than just about anyone in America.

Over and over and over again.

Plus Fanta, Sprite, and Coca Cola for additional nutrition.

Right now I'm headed out to a Lebanese place. The Lebanese run virtually every business in West Africa, so naturally there are restaurants that they also run. Felafel, hummus, baba ganoush, you've got to get it while you can.

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle,

'Tis me...Meg. I've had trouble finding your site for some years now, but did come upon it today, so that's nice for me since I've wondered about you and yours.

What are you doing out there in New Mexico? How are you living? Have you thought of starting any revolutionary political movements? Are you living in a commune?

I've come to the conclusion that I am very unhappy with our political system and have been positive for some time that I have no desire to keep working for "da man" as I'm fairly certain he isn't waking up and wondering what he can do to improve the quality of my life!

I'm an underwriter for a property and auto casualty company now and have been for too long - about five years now. I am told, and indeed the community echoes the same sentiment, that I am paid well for the area. Unfortunately I heard on the radio yesterday that Colorado Springs is THE cheapest area to do business in, so methinks "well for the area" is still a shaft!

Oh well, won't blather on here any longer. Why don't you drop me a line when you have some time: My email is megnolia@gmail.com .

Hugs to you Maureen,

Meg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home